The Pilot’s Manual: Instrument Rating Syllabus (PDF)
This syllabus meets all Part 141 and 61 requirements and supplements the The Pilot’s Manual: Instrument Flying textbook. It has been reviewed by the FAA, presents a fresh approach, and offers the most integrated, comprehensive, and simple flight and ground training program available. Flight lessons are presented side-by-side with coordinating ground lessons. Stage Exams and Basic ATD syllabus included.
This syllabus presents the most integrated and comprehensive flight training program available along with many advantages:
- Based on The Pilot’s Manual series. Schools, instructors, or students can choose to supplement the program with other text, videos, etc. This allows freedom to teach or learn the material in the most effective way—on an individual basis.
- All Part 141 requirements have been met in a logical and user-friendly manner.
- Flight lessons are presented side-by-side with their coordinating ground lessons. This integrated approach provides the most efficient path to completion, and is easier to follow than separate ground and flight training programs.
- A complete Basic ATD syllabus details how to integrate a Basic ATD into your curriculum, supplementing your current training methods for a more efficient training program.
- Flexible enough to be effective for all programs.
- Includes Optional Reviews in each stage, allowing the student to review material when necessary, yet still follow the syllabus and maintain progress.
- Includes instructor endorsements, stage exams, and airman certificate rating application and checkride checklist.
Additional resources are available to support your classes where this textbook is in use. You may use these materials in your classroom and with your students. To request login information, email email@example.com
We invite your feedback on these materials and welcome requests for additional materials you may need for your instructing activities: firstname.lastname@example.org