Beyond Flight Training
Earning the Private Pilot license is a great achievement—now, expand your initial schooling to go beyond flight training. The real excitement begins when the flight instructor lets go of your hand and you’re left to set your own goals and create your own motivations.
Veteran pilot and instructor LeRoy Cook shows you what lies beyond flight school. In these pages, he’ll guide you into areas of aviation your instructors might not have mentioned. Things like planning your first cross-country flying vacation…or sharpening your weather forecasting skills…or pursuing advanced endorsements and ratings.
Beyond Flight Training will show you how to:
- Grow as a pilot, beyond the checkride
- Purchase your first airplane
- Test-hop a new or rebuilt plane
- Organize or join a flying club
- Handle unfamiliar airports and airspace, not seen in training
- Take care of family and first-time passengers
- Cope with the changing seasons and marginal weather
- Upgrade to specialized flying, like high-performance, complex, tailwheel and aerobatic aircraft
- Prepare for advanced pilot certifications
In print for more than 30 years, this fourth edition of Beyond Flight Training (previously published as 101 Things To Do With Your Private License) is packed with new ways to sharpen your skills and make every flying hour rewarding. An ideal gift for a student pilots or graduates of flight training programs!
Additional resources are available to support your classes where this textbook is in use. You may use these materials in your classroom and with your students. To request login information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite your feedback on these materials and welcome requests for additional materials you may need for your instructing activities: email@example.com