The Pilot’s Manual: Private Pilot Syllabus, Eighth Edition (PDF)
This syllabus offers the most integrated and comprehensive flight and ground training program available along with many features:
- Based on The Pilot's Manual Series. Schools, instructors, or students can choose to supplement the program with other texts, videos, etc. This allows freedom to teach or learn the material in the most effective way — on an individual basis.
- All Part 141 requirements have been met (see approval here) in a logical and user-friendly manner.
- Flight lessons are presented side-by-side with their coordinating ground lessons. This integrated approach provides the most efficient path to completion, and is easier to follow than separate ground and flight training programs.
- Flexible enough to be effective for all programs.
- Includes "Optional Reviews" in each stage--- allowing the student to review material when necessary, yet still follow the syllabus and maintain progress.
- Includes an Appendix providing Basic ATD integration with your existing instructional methods.
- Includes instructor endorsements, all stage exams needed for the program, Airman Certificate Rating Application, and checkride checklist.
All curriculums for The Pilot's Manual Series also available as free downloads:
- Instrument Rating
- Commercial Pilot
- Flight Instructor
- Flight Instructor Instrument
Additional resources are available to support your classes where this textbook is in use. You may use these materials in your classroom and with your students. To request login information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite your feedback on these materials and welcome requests for additional materials you may need for your instructing activities: email@example.com